Hydor USA contacted us with a load of new product information to talk about. First up to the plate is the new Koralia Evolution line of powerheads. There are three new models, including the 750 gph, 1050 gph, and 1400 gph pumps and all three have loads of new features. But why is Hydor USA developing these new powerheads? The reason for this is due to the massive success of the original Koralias. They are taking the old design and reworking it for a more compact, energy saving controllable pump. Even the magnet suction cup has been redesigned to better absorb vibrations and to reduce sound coming from the new powerheads.
New features of the Koralia Evolution:
- Three new models, 750gph, 1050gph, and 1400gph
- All 3 models are controllable: can be safely and “silently” connected to a timer!
- New impeller technology: Shaftless (like Koralia Magnum) means easier and quicker maintenance!
- Energy Saving: up to 50% less power consumption
- High Efficiency: up to 20% more water flow
- New patented, vibration absorbing magnet-suction cup support included: free and easy positioning
- Sphere joint: adjustable flow direction
- Unique impeller design: wide and gentle flow
- New design: smaller and easier to position and conceal in aquarium