Neptune Systems, the creator of the famous Aquacontroller line of aquarium automation devices, is making the Aquacontroller Apex more affordable by introducing the Apex Lite. On the surface, this setup looks identical to the original Apex. The head unit, where the user will interface with the controller, is identical. The differences occur with a new base unit and obviously a new price tag. The Apex Lite base unit is somewhat smaller than the original Apex base unit, and for marketing purposes includes the wording “Apex Lite”. The price on the new system is about $370, or $130 less than the Aquacontroller Apex. But where does the $130 in savings come from? What gets cut out? According to Neptune Systems, the only differences between the two setups is the Apex Lite lacks the second pH/ORP connector and the 4 integrated variable speed ports, which are used to control Tunze pumps or dim ballasts. But all of the other features stay in place, making this controller very robust.
- Ethernet Interface
- Embedded Web Server
- Only controller with web browser Monitoring, Control & Configuration.
- Email Alarms
- Most expandable Controller.
- Up to 240 modules, hundreds of probes, and thousands of controlled outlets.
- Simple menu driven Configuration
- No program language knowledge required.
- Simulates Sunrise/sunset
- Simulates moon cycle
- Wave Maker and Random timed cycles
- Still water feed mode (multiple modes)
- Monitor/Control Temperature, pH
- Digital Calibration on all probes
- Seasonal temp & lighting control
- Flexible Control Options