CoralVue is branching out yet again, this time with the inclusion of their new 4 stage 100GPD RO/DI water filtration system. Showing up in the coming summer months, the rather techy looking reverse osmosis system has a laundry list of features that’s quite impressive. Besides having all of the typical RO/DI gadgets, like the TDS meter and pressure gauge, this new filter also has a built-in controller and is fully automated. In terms of the filtering capacity, this filter has a 100 gallon per day membrane, a 1-micron sediment cartridge, a 5-micron carbon block, and a refillable deionization resin stage. A built-in booster pump keeps the pressure in the system at optimum levels, and all of the filters and fittings are standard equipment used in the hobby, which should make replacing parts a breeze.
Continue below for the full feature spread.
System Features (from CoralVue’s website):
- Easy to use system controller
- Fully-Automated water management
- Accurate Digital TDS readings of outgoing product water
- Automatic membrane flush system prevents TDS creep Cyclic Membrane Flush (Full Membrane Flush upon shutdown to help prevent membrane scaling)
- Back-pressure electronic shut-off for reservoir use
- High and low pressure safety kill switches (For pump protection and full system automation)
- Audible Alarm
- Filter change notifications
- Water temperature read out
- Tested to obtain ~1:2 Product/Waste water ratio (source water temperature dependent)
- Over-sized oil-filled pressure gauge
- High efficiency booster pump
- Clear filter canisters with silicone o-ring seals
- Rugged metal frame for convenient free-standing placement or for space saving wall mounting
No word yet on price, but as always, we’ll keep our eyes peeled.