A couple of years ago, we created a fun little list of ten signs that you were a true aquarium nerd. Well, now we’re back with yet another list…and this time the laughs continue as the more we think about each one, the more we’re convinced that we fit into each and every one. Do any of these signs point to you? If not, got any other suggestions?
1. You can’t remember birthdays or anniversaries, but you can remember when your local fish store gets their shipments down to the hour.
2. When looking at new homes to purchase, your first thought is “that’s a good spot to put an aquarium”.
2. The autocorrect function on your smartphone replaces normal everyday words with aquarium related terms.
4. The handsoap in your bathroom, to no surprise, has an aquatic theme that showcases your aquarium nerdiness in all its glory.
5. A fan of pajama pants? Oh yeah, those are fish themed too.
6. You have a hard time replacing the batteries in your tv remote control, but don’t even break a sweat when wiring up a new metal halide ballast or plumbing up that maze of pipes that feed your sump.
7. Your spouse has to bribe you with trips to the fish store just to get you to go anywhere.
8. You reference various businesses in your town by which fish store is closest.
9. You find some way to incorporate your aquarium stuff into random but normal, everyday uses…like using a piece of live rock as a wheel chock.
10. You hang out with your aquarium so much that you develop a “wilson-esque” relationship with your equipment like Tom Hanks’ character in the movie, “Cast Away”.