Now there are 3 Nero 3 Pumps to choose from thanks to the newly released Nero 7 Wavemaker from Aqua Illumination. The Nero 7 is the largest Nero wavemaker pump in the lineup and it has a maximum flow rate of 4000 GPH (15,142 lph)!
Our Nero 7 has been up and running for about a month now and the pump is whisper quiet! Under tight wraps we are finally able to release the news about this exciting new Wavemaker pump. The pump is designed with larger tanks in mind but it can also be dialed down sufficiently enough to be used on 80 gallon aquariums. We currently have a Nero 7 setup on our MATSA frag tank in the Aquarium Specialty showroom and it’s made a world of difference in keeping detritus off the bottom of our shallow 6 foot x 3 foot frag tank.
With bigger tanks in mind the magnet will hold tight on glass thickness of .78″ (20 mm). The pump is compact in its design at 3.38″ in diameter and the max flow rate is 4000 GPH and Aqua Illumination rates this as a suitable wavemaker pump for aquariums 500+ gallons. Like the Nero 3 and Nero 5, you will need to download the MyAI or Mobius App for web based control.
Like the Nero 3 & 5, the Nero 7 utilizes an innovative propeller design which creates an adjustable broad flow that is both strong and gentle. The Nero 7 pushes water in a wide pattern that can move foods, detritus, or other free-floating particles around without blasting corals directly. Powerheads have many different uses around a reef tank, but the main goal is to produce enough flow to keep low-flow spots from forming in your tank and help elevate detritus to be picked up by your aquarium filtration system.
Like other Aqua Illumination and Ecotech Marine devices, The Nero 7 is Bluetooth ready by simply opening the MyAI or Mobius app. From the menu you can choose a mode, and control the flow rate in your aquarium. Different flow modes let you choose what is right for your tank inhabitants. You can easily create a daily schedule that cycles through different modes and settings or let the Nero 7 randomize itself with the, you guessed it, random mode option.
Some of you may be asking, “but what if I don’t have a smart device or I don’t want to use the app? Well that’s not an issue as the pump has a single button that gives the user full control by simply pressing down the button for different lengths of time. By doing so you can change the speed, mode, or turn the pump off or on without having to open the app.
- Random – The Nero 7 will randomly change its flow rate throughout the day simulating a high-energy reef environment.
- Pulse – Used to create a standing wave in your aquarium. The pulse interval and max flow rate can be changed based on the needs of your aquarium. Pulse is a great method for lifting settled detritus from hard-to-reach areas.
- Constant – Set the appropriate flow rate and the Nero 7 will keep flowing at that speed until you change the mode or flow.
- Schedule – Using the MyAI or Mobius app, create a schedule that can utilize multiple different flow modes.
- Feed – Just hold the driver button for 2-5 seconds to put the Nero 7 into feed mode for 10 minutes.
- All-Off – Hold the driver button for 6 or more seconds to turn the pump off. Touching the button again will restart the pump.
The included magnetic mounting system makes installing the Nero 7 effortless. Giving around 15° of movement, you can direct the flow where your tank needs it most. The two-part mounting system incorporates an inner magnet and an outer magnet that can couple together through 0.79″ of glass or less, and the pump then sits into the beveled inner magnet for an isolated and quiet mounting system.
- Max Flow: 4000 GPH
- Max Glass Thickness: 0.79″ (20 mm)
- Dimensions (wetside): 2.42″ x 3.38″
- Power Consumption: (variable) 40W @ 120VAC max
- Rec. Tank Size: 80-500+ Gallons
- AI Nero 7 Pump with Integrated Driver
- Mounting Magnets
- Fish Guard
- Power Adapter
- Nero Guard
- Quick Start Guide
- Mounting Hardware