Here’s some exciting news for Tunze Nanostream lovers who don’t want to purchase controllers. The Tunze Turbelle 6045 Nanostream is going to gain more functionality in the form of flow control. These newly redesigned pumps will be able to be controlled from a device built directly onto the underside of the pump (see picture above). The blue device restricts flow coming from the pump, allowing the user to customize the flow rate from 1,500 to 4,500 l/h. I’m not 100% sure how the device works, but I’m assuming it controls the flow simply by restricting it. This might cause the pump to work a little harder, and therefore use more energy, but for now that’s just speculation. See below for more pictures and product information from Tunze.
Turbelle Nanostream 6045 flow control
As from May 2010, the performance of Turbelle® nanostream® 6045 will be controllable. Thus, they can be used in smaller tanks as from 40 litres (10.5 USgal.), and adapts well to the flow requirements of the organisms in a perfect manner.
Turbelle Nanostream 6045
- For aquariums from 40 to 500 litres (10.5 to 132 USgal.)
- Flow rate: 1,500 to 4,500 l/h (396 to 1,188 USgal./h)
- Energy consumption: 5 to 7 W
- Voltage / frequency: 230 V / 50 Hz (115 V / 60 Hz)
- Cable length: 2 m (8.7 in.)
- Dimensions: diam. 70 mm (2.75 in.)
- Ejection: diam. 40/15 mm (1.5 / .59 in.)
- Retail price: 63,27 €