EcoTech Marine has informed us that they are releasing a new VorTech EcoSmart Driver. This new driver is an upgrade for existing Wireless Wave Drivers and will be included on all new VorTech pumps (starting this Spring). The wireless range will be increased, several new modes will be introduced, and the MP10 will now have wireless capabilities.
- The new EcoSmart drivers are NOT a standalone product
- The EcoSmart driver is available as an upgrade for existing wireless and non-wireless pumps.
- The new EcoTech MP40w and MP10 lines will only be available with the new EcoSmart drivers.
Major features of the EcoSmart Controller include:
- Convert any MP10 and MP40 to an EcoSmart driver, and to wireless
- Increased master-slave pump relationship functionality
- Easily auto-tune and program customized waves
- New modes including tidal swell and nutrient transport for an even more realistic reef experience
- Time and speed adjustable for feed and night modes
- Sleek LED interface with on/off switch
- Auto-dim automatically turns the LED’s off after a user-set amount of time
- Adjustable battery backup speed and remaining power indicator
The EcoSmart Driver features many new modes including:
- Improved Wireless Range
- On/Off Button
- Wave Auto-Tune Mode
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode
- EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode
- Auto-Dim Mode
- New and Improved Night Mode, Feed Mode, Battery Backup Power Meter
- The Classic Reef Crest, Lagoonal, Short Pulse and Long Pulse Modes are still included
- A new more water resistant driver case
Pricing and Availability
The EcoSmart driver will begin shipping with all new VorTech pumps this spring. Owners of existing VorTech MP10 and MP40s who wish to upgrade may purchase an upgrade kit.