Korallen-Zucht has released a new version of their ZEOvit media, which is pretty much the backbone of the ZEOvit filtration system. It is a substrate that is housed in a ZEOvit media reactor and works with other additives to reduce excess ammonia and phosphates in your aquarium. There are very few details circulating as to the differences between the new ZEOvit media and the old type, but I’ve contacted a few of my ZEOheads for a little more information and will update as soon as we know.
Below is the product description taken from the Korallen-Zucht website. This is translated from German, so there might be a few sentences or phrases that sound a little odd or are difficult to read.
ZEOvit® is a balanced mix of different zeolites. It is an absolutely natural Zeolite mix of highest quality.
Run the ZEOvit® in a special ZEOvit® filter. Please note:
- The ZEOvit® always has to be clean. To clean the material, push and pull the rod of the filter daily, which can be done simple, fast and easy within a minute.
- If possible, the flow direction is from the bottom to the top, so that the material is always in the water.
- The flow rate in the filter through the ZEOvit® is 400L/h per L ZEOvit® maximum!
- Dosing of the ZEOvit®: take 1 L ZEOvit® for 400L water.
- Exchange the ZEOvit® after 6-8 weeks.
If used together with ZEObak and ZEOfood you can eliminate with the ZEOvit® Nitrate and Phosphate from your tank, and with some patience you will get very natural coral reef water after some time. Your corals then will maintain their natural color and growth.
Take care that you get the original Korallenzucht.de bags. Without our print on the bags the material is not Korallenzucht.de original product.
Price: 12,60 € *
Pingback: Update to New ZEOvit Filter Media | AquaNerd()