EcoTech and GHL Profilux have recently announced the Profilux controller for the EcoTech Marine’s VorTech pumps. This controller will allow you to control up to 11 VorTech pumps wirelessly and it will be compatible with every flow pattern the pumps have to offer. Additionally, it will support the two newly added flow patterns the EcoSmart controllers brought to the table (Tidal Swell and Nutrient Transport Mode). And if for some reason that’s not enough, you can also utilize the wave functions built into the Profilux controller. The controller doesn’t officially go on sale until September, but pre-orders are currently being taken.
Continue reading below for additional information from EcoTech Marine’s website.
- Supports all of the VorTech operational modes, including the new modes on the EcoSmart controller
- 11 independent channels for 11 VorTech pumps.
- Besides the VorTech modes you can also use all built-in wave functions of the ProfiLux.
- Firmware of pumps and VorTech-Controller can be updated for future enhancements.
- The VorTech-Controller will be recognized automatically and can be configured easily.
- Pump assignments can be changed.
- The operational mode can be varied through the day.
- 2 PAB-ports are present for a flexible bus wiring.
- 4 LEDs for indication of PAB-state and pump-state.
- No extra power supply needed (Bus-powered).
From EcoTech Marine:
August 2, 2010, Bethlehem, PA– EcoTech Marine, the company that revolutionized water flow in reef aquariums with the VorTech line of pumps, is pleased to announce GHL’s release of the GHL ProfiLux VorTech-Controller. This highly anticipated third party aquarium controller creates a wireless interface to EcoTech Marine VorTech pumps.
“We have worked closely with GHL and are very excited about the launch of this product,” said Tim Marks, president of EcoTech Marine. “The GHL VorTech-Controller connects the GHL controller wirelessly with our VorTech aquarium pumps, something which has been long-awaited by GHL customers.”
The GHL ProfiLux VorTech-Controller can control up to 11 VorTech propeller pumps independently of each other. The VorTech-Controller will be recognized automatically and can be configured easily. The controller supports EcoSmart modes as well as classic VorTech modes.
In addition to offering customizable control of the VorTech remotely, GHL customers will be able to easily download new firmware updates. The VorTech Controller will be connected over PAB (ProfiLux Aquatic Bus, ProfiLux 3 only) and doesn’t need any additional power supply.
The GHL ProfiLux VorTech-Controller will be available September 7, 2010. Click here for more information directly from GHL, and stay tuned for further announcements.