Want a job in the aquarium industry but don’t feel like your skills will allow you to compete against biology graduates? Do you have a passion for aquariums but don’t want to maintain them both at home and at work? If the answer to those two questions is yes, then you might want to consider getting a job at an aquarium equipment company where you can use your passion for the hobby to drive a successful career. With the popularity of LED aquarium illumination on the steady rise, job openings for reliable help in the sales and customer service departments for companies that produce this type of lighting are exploding. Looking to expand their operations, Ecoxotic has recently listed a job availability for an “account representative”, which is being described as a position designed to field phone calls and become intimately familiar with their product line to better help customers. The position is full-time and located in beautiful Southern California, where the company is based.
Full job description posted below.
From a San Diego Craigslist listing:
Vista based LED lighting company is looking for a fulltime process oriented Account Rep to establish and maintain the valued relationships with our customers. This role is designed to keep the sales funnel replenished through hundreds of outbound phone calls per week, all documented within our CRM system, SalesForce. Please only apply if you have the tenacity to call every customer once a week to take care of their needs- whatever they may be. They may have a question about our product, need a tracking number, check the status of their order, check our current inventory levels, or place an order. We truly believe steady sales come from consistently contacting our customers, creating a partnership by providing excellent customer service and being their vital resource to generate more sales of their own.
• Outbound Calling for Existing Dealers and New Dealers
• Documenting every step of the sales cycle in our CRM System
• Customer Service- Answering Incoming Calls and Emails from Dealers
• Up selling New Products and Promotions
• Quote Dealer lighting requirements
• Personable and very comfortable on the phone
• Resourceful and diligent
• Process Oriented with the ability to follow directions and follow through
• SalesForce and/or ZenDesk experience is a plus but not necessary
• Willing to learn our product and industry knowledge
Compensation: Hourly + Bonus Structure