EcoTech Marine is a company that provides great products and some of the best customer service in the industry, and they’re wanting to make their customer service department a little better with your help. The company that brought us the VorTech pumps and Radion LEDs is seeking a self-motivated aquarium hobbyist who has a nack for helping customers. The position, which was officially made available last week, centers around the service rep’s interactions with the end user of EcoTech Marine products with the possibilty of handling clients (e.g. retail stores). The core duties include answering phone calls and emails, directly handling product repairs, interecting with customers on the web, communicating product information, and a whole slew of other things. A high school degree and experience in the saltwater aquarium hobby are all that are required to be considered, though a good attitude and people skills will certainly help. To apply for the position, go to EcoTech Marine’s website or view the job posting HERE.
A copy of the job listing can be viewed below.
Hands-On Aquarium Enthusiast Needed for Brand-New Customer Service Role
May 3rd, 2012 by patrick
EcoTech Marine is seeking someone who’s self-motivated, customer-focused, and has a passion for reef aquariums for our new Customer Service Representative role. This position has been created due to company growth, and presents a great opportunity to showcase your industry passion and your customer interaction skills!
As an EcoTech Marine Customer Service Representative, you’ll be responsible for managing customer relationships (interacting with the end users), and may also have some client interaction (interaction with our retail stores). Day-to-day duties include providing superior phone-based customer service, communicating product information with our end users, and directly handling product repairs. This is a hands-on role that contributes directly to problem resolution, product repair, and ongoing customer satisfaction!
Core responsibilities include:
- Direct interaction with customers either by telephone, e-mail or face to face
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries and request
- Educating customers about the EcoTech product lin
- Performing customer warranty verification
- Processing customer orders and warranty request
- Performing repairs and service of all EcoTech product line
- Detailed recordkeeping and preparation of product failure, issues data, and customer transaction reports for analysi
- Communicating and collaborating with internal colleagues and team members as appropriat
- Assisting in the creation of warranty videos and contribution to our online knowledge base
Based in Bethlehem, PA, EcoTech Marine has revolutionized the way people think about water movement in reef aquariums. Our technologically superior pumps produce unmatched broad yet gentle flow, while placing the motor outside the tank—preserving the beauty and enhancing the health of aquarium ecosystems.
The EcoTech leadership team consists of aquarium enthusiasts and engineers with a penchant for challenging the status quo. We have worked tirelessly to improve the “state of the art” to enable our customers to have the healthiest, safest and smartest aquarium possible. That’s why our products offer a wide variety of easy-to-program modes and have been thoroughly tested and endorsed by marine-biologists—making it the most versatile and life-like pump on the market.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Degree
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experienced Saltwater Reef Aquarist
- Experience using Epicor Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to listen effectively
- Able to think and reason in an analytic fashion
- Ability to provide excellent service to various personalities of end users
- Strong organization and record keeping skills
- Stress tolerance, attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing to build a long-term relationship with the customer and the Company
- Has empathy for the customer’s situation
- Has the desire to delight customers, above and beyond the call of duty
- Has a “thick skin” and is able to tactfully and proactively handle complaints
How to Apply:
Eco Tech Marine provides a challenging, fast-paced, and informal work environment, as well as ongoing training, advancement opportunities, competitive wages and benefits, and respect and recognition.
To be considered for the Customer Service Rep opening, applicants must submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for / interest in the position as well as salary history and/or requirements.
Apply to the position via the following link: https://jobs-hirevisiongroup.icims.com/jobs/1387/job
Our hiring management partner is hireVision Group. hireVision is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the hireVision web portal atwww.hirevisiongroup.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you kindly in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.