Tip of the Day – 10/29/2014


It is often an overlooked fact that water, especially saltwater, and electrical equipment don’t mix. Far too often do we see hobbyists use power strips and other devices far too close to water. While it may seem harmless (and necessary) to keep a power strip within a close proximity to your tank, anything within the splash zone will cause problems. Salt will build up in the outlets, causing a constant burning that will eventually melt the plastic and may even start a small fire. We’ve seen tons of powerstrips ruined this way, but luckily it was just the strip that needed to be replace and not something like an entire aquarium or home. So, keep your electrical devices high and dry, and make sure ton inspect power outlets regularly.


About Author