The Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program seeks to educate the consumer for the purpose of making environmentally conscious choices to purchase seafood which has been ethically sourced and harvested in a safe and eco-sensitive manner.
To educate consumers about healthy choices and assist with daily awareness of this program, they have created an App for Android and I-phones which make “being green” an easy and enjoyable task. Go check it out and make sure to stay tuned for more information about this great initiative to bring sustainability for our valuable marine resources.
The Seafood Watch App
Available for iOS and Android
We’ve redesigned our app making it easier than ever to get the latest recommendations for seafood and sushi, learn more about the seafood you eat, and locate or share businesses that serve sustainable seafood.
- Get free, up-to-date seafood recommendations
- Search for seafood quickly and easily by common market name
- Search for sushi by Japanese name as well as common market name
- Find restaurants and stores near you that serve ocean-friendly seafood
- Access in-depth conservation notes and reports
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.