The real pleasures of an aquarium are often overshadowed by the struggle of upkeep. Worse yet, aquatic animals are unnecessarily sacrificed everyday when parameters like temperature drift into lethal ranges due to failed equipment or other mishaps. A proper monitoring and control system for your aquarium solves both these problems. And while the Apex has been out for years, Neptune Systems realized there was a void in their product offering. Creating a more affordable, entry-level next generation model was needed, and now the need is filled with the ApexEL.
The ApexEL makes keeping your aquarium easier while also monitoring key parameters such as temperature, pH, and the health of your connected equipment, for under $500.00.
APEXel Features – THE ENTRY LEVEL APEX
- Lower cost version of the Apex Next Generation Controller
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring temperature and pH in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
- iPhone, iPad, or Android app controlled. Also works on PC or Mac using any common web browser.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup “Tasks” and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Expandable – Add more monitoring and control features as well as specialized Apex-ecosystem hardware as your needs require
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
Set up tasks and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With the ApexEL, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree — you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS:
- Mount it to the wall or inside your cabinet
- Plug in the probes and your equipment
- Connect it to your home network via wi-fi or cable
- Run the new Configuration Wizards
- Get the basics of monitoring and control for your entire tank set up, in less than 15 minutes, with no programing.
The ApexEL is a self-contained reliable monitoring platform for when things go wrong and giving you peace of mind that things are going right.
A perfect example of this is that unlike other cloud-based IoT devices or aquarium controllers, every ApexEL has a built in web-server (tech talk for its control software and built-in web interface) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down! This is important, see why. . .
ENERGY BAR 832 – THE ULTIMATE POWER CONTROL HUB
When we decided to create an Energy Bar for this new Apex, we designed it from the ground up. Not only does the Energy Bar 832 have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports.
And, each individual outlet has independent power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet. Read on and watch the videos for more info.
Total power connections for your aquarium devices
120V AC Outlets all switched with relays rated for millions of cycles
1LINK 24VDC Smart outlets for devices such as WAV, DOS, etc.
Switchable 24VDC outlets for accessories such as small pumps, solenoids, fans, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
The EnergyBar 832 is for use in North America (USA, Canada, and parts of Mexico) and other locales where the electrical service grid provides 120VAC 60Hz power. In other regions which use 230VAC 50Hz power, ApexEL systems are bundled with an EnergyBar 6 equipped with 6 outlets specific to that region (UK,, AU, Universal, or Schuko). EnergyBar 6 models do not include the EB832’s per-outlet power monitoring, 1LINK or DC24 ports, or per-outlet indicator LEDs.
SUPER-EASY MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR BOTH APEXel AND ENERGY BAR 832
Both the ApexEL and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections. The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting bracket you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.
THESE PROBES ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APEX SYSTEM TO MONITOR THE HEALTH OF YOUR AQUARIUM
The ApexEL System includes probes for Temperature and pH. The pH probe is double-junction as well so it holds calibration longer and has a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOUBLE JUNCTION AND SINGLE JUNCTION PROBES?
Single junction probes put the reference electrode in direct contact with aquarium water. Over time, the junction will slowly leak aquarium water into the electrolyte which changes the accuracy of the probe and requires more frequent calibrations.
Double junction probes place a second vessel inside the main electrolyte with a second internal junction. The means that even when the aquarium water eventually begins to make its way in the first compartment, it still has to go through the second junction to contaminate the electrolyte surrounding the reference electrode.