This is exciting news from Hanna Instruments. The very popular Checker line of water testing products is getting a new addition to the lineup and Aqua Nerd expects the new Low Range Nitrate Checker to be one of the most popular Checkers to date.
The Low Range Nitrate (NO3) checker will work with marine water (not for use with Freshwater aquariums) and it will accurately test with an accuracy of +/- .25 PPM. Checkers have increased in popularity because of their accuracy, ease of use and overall cost-per-test affordability. The Hanna Checker is colorimeter* which is both accurate and easy to use. And perhaps best of all, it takes the guesswork away from trying to interpret different shades of a color on a titration color chart.
The Low Range Checker will read Nitrate levels between 0 and 5 PPM which is perfect for saltwater aquarists attempting to keep NO3 below 5 PPM. Nitrate is a bi-product of ammonia that is produced from fish waste, or dying plants and animals in the aquarium. High NO3 in a marine aquarium can cause harm to fish, corals, other invertebrates and it can also be the cause for nuisance algae problems.
This nitrate tester is compact in design and it will come with a handy hard plastic carrying case.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits.
- One-button operation makes getting your nitrate results simple.
- Great for aquariums and marine environmental testing.
- Range 0 – 5 PPM – Accuracy 0.25 PPM
- For use with saltwater samples
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for aquariums and marine biology applications.
The new testers will be available soon and some stores are already taking pre-orders for about $49.95.
*A colorimeter is a device used to measure the absorbance of particular wavelengths of light by a specific solution.