According the Orphek, the new Amazonas 960 iCon is the star of Orphek Amazonas series LED fixtures and from the looks of it, we think they are right.
The new Amazonas 960 iCon come native with fully adjustable dimming control system that hasn’t been offered before. The powerful 320 watt LED fixture offers a wide spectrum of true UV (380 – 700nm). The 960 iCon is IP67 certified with means it is waterproof and designed to holdup in the most extreme environments. The fixture therefore has no cooling fan and thus it relies on passive cooling though a robust heat sink located on top of the fixture.
As you might imagine, the fixture was designed to penetrate into deeper aquariums and provide maximum PAR levels to the sand bed in a reef aquarium setting or in large fish only systems or freshwater tanks. The fixture can be ordered directly from Orphek in different Kelvin temperatures and lens configurations.
The fixtures are fully controllable and compatible with both IOS and Android and with 380nm true UV LEDs and it can be controlled by both WiFi and Bluetooth.
Amazonas 960 iCon Reef – Coral SPS / LPS:
Amazonas 960 iCon Reef comes with 4 x 80 watt LED chip:
- LED1: 18000K XP – REEF DAY LIGHT – WIDE FULL SPECTRUM -from true UV 380nm – 700nm – for SPS/LPS/Soft coral growth, color and illumination.
- LED2: Blue – 450 – 460nm -These wavelengths are important in zooxanthellae photosynthesis – chlorophylls a and c2 utilize blue
- LED3: Blue Plus XP – Blue /Violet/UV – 400 – 500nm – for SPS/LPS/Soft coral growth and wide fluorescent coral “pop”.
- LED4: 18000K White -This channel provides natural color of half way between sunrise and sunset – a very clear, bright spectrum.
Amazonas 960 iCon Freshwater Planted:
Amazonas 960 iCon Fresh Water Planted comes with 4 x 80 watt LED chip:
- LED1 : 6000K XP White – Freshwater Planted ,WIDE FULL SPECTRUM -from true UV 380nm – 700nm -Most complete spectrum for fast plants growth, color.
- LED2: 6000K – Single color LED for Freshwater planted
- LED3 6000K XP White Freshwater Planted ,WIDE FULL SPECTRUM -from true UV 380nm – 700nm -Most complete spectrum for fast plants growth, color.
- LED 4 14000K White – Single color LED for Freshwater planted
Available Color Spectrums
Multi Color LEDs
- 18000K XP – Reef Day Light – SPS/LPS – 380nm – 700nm
- Blue Plus – Blue /Violet/UV – SPS/LPS – 380 – 500nm
- 6000K XP – Freshwater Planted – 380nm – 700nm
- Red XP – Full spectrum red – 590nm -700nm
Single Color LEDs
- 18000K ( White ) – Saltwater
- 14000K ( White ) – Saltwater
- Blue ( 450-460nm ) – Saltwater
- 6000K ( White ) – Freshwater
To learn more about the fixtures, please visit the Orphek website.