Here’s a very interesting LED light fixture that I came across on Direct Aquarium’s website. The Power Reef LED light fixtures from Orphek have been specifically designed for use over reef aquariums containing stony corals. The manufacturer even claims the PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) and PUR (photosynthetically usable radiation) levels are equivalent to that put out by metal halides and other LED lighting systems. In addition to this, the fixture is made of acrylic and coated aluminum that is supposed to be resistant to the corrosive saltwater. All these claims aside, the one thing that really peaked my interest was the built-in timer that allows for full daytime and nighttime lighting simulation. Orphek’s description leads the reader to believe that the timer controls either the intensity of the fixture by turning on and off specific LEDs in the array. If this is the case, it’s certainly a nice feature to have. Regardless of the companies claims, one thing can be certain…the corals in their Photo Gallery look stunning under their LED light fixtures.
For pricing and model details, please read below…
Orphek 24″ Aquarium LED Lighting Power Reef PR-156...$850.00
- Is exclusively developed for hard corals reef aquariums.
- Designed with a combination of white and blue Power LEDs.
- Daylight and moonlight controlled separated.
- Designed with resistant aluminum inox and acrylic materials. It is completely sealed not allowing any passage of water to the LEDS and protected against rust, shock and vibration.
- Length 607mm x Width157mm x Hight 50mm
- Length 24 inch x Width 6.1 inch x Hight 2.0 inch
- Input voltage AC 85V-264V 50/60Hz
- Power: 120w~156w
- LED Qty: 60pcs, combines 76% of White LEDS and 23% of Blue LEDs
- Color: White Led 16.000k 160lm, Wavelength: Blue 450nm- 460nm
- Working environmental temperature – 20 to +50 c degree
- Equal to MH/HPS light 250W-400W